Do you want to know when your container will be emptied? Use the digital waste calender.
On the website and on the app Mijn Afvalwijzer you can find the digital waste calender.
Rules for your container
- Make sure that your container is placed outside before 8 am.
- The container has to be placed with the wheels towards the street.
- The lid has to be closed.
- Containers may weigh max. 60 kilograms. Containers that are too heavy will not be emptied.
- Trash which is placed next to the container, will not be taken away. You’ll risk a fine if you do litter.
- Extra containers for PMD or garden waste is available. Fill in the digital form
- Is your container broken? Please make an appointment for repair
- Don’t press the garbage in the container, otherwise it will not be
- emptied completely.
Underground waste disposal point
An underground waste disposal point can only be opened using the waste disposal card. Your waste disposal card is linked to your address and is intended for your own use only.
If you move house, please leave the card for the new resident.
Have you lost your card or is it broken? Please ask for a new waste disposal card online (Dutch form). There are no costs for the card. Please note that there's only 1 card per address. The waste disposal card will be send to your address within 5 working days.
- Egg cartons
- Photo paper
- Laminated paper
- Carbon paper
Plastic packages, Metallic packages and Drink cartons (PMD)
- Plastic bags and bottles
- Plastic packaging of processed meats and cheese etc.
- Bottles for cleaning-, bath- and shower products
- Tubs for butter, sauces etc.
- Beverage cans and syrup bottles
- Aluminum bowls
- Cans for dog- and cat food
- Drink carton for juice, milk etc.
- Beverage cartons
- Cartons for soup or pasta sauce
- Potato chip bags
- Paint cans
- Packaging of chemical products
- Items of hard plastic (garden chairs, buckets, laundry baskets etc.)
Throughout the municipality you’ll find special containers for textiles (clothing,shoes, bags, towels etc.)
Throughout the municipality you’ll find special containers for glass waste (bottles for wine, beer etc.) and jars.
- Peelings and scraps from vegetables, fruit and potatoes
- Residues of cooked food
- Residues of meat and fish (also shells, fish bones and bones)
- Peanuts and nuts
- Egg shells
- Tea-bags and coffee filters
- Bread and cheese
- Small pruning waste, grass, leaves and weed
- Cut flowers and houseplants
- Manure from small pets with straw
Regular waste is the waste that remains when we have sorted the other kinds of waste. Regular waste is unsuitable for recycling and it is burned in stead of being re-used.