You are at:English/Changing address

Change of address

If you move within the Netherlands, you must inform your new municipality of your arrival within 5 days of moving, or up to 30 days before.

You can send us the completed form Notification change of address. Or call 14 013 (please state 'Tilburg') to make an appointment for your change of address. Please bring your identification.

Moving from abroad: settling in the Netherlands

Are you moving to Tilburg from abroad (immigration) or will you spend at least 4 of the next 6 months in the Netherlands? Then you will need to register with the municipality in person within 5 days upon arrival. If your partner and/or children have also arrived from abroad, they will need to join you and get registered as well.

You can make an appointment online.

You can find more information about a residence permit on the IND website. Your registration will be final once the IND confirms to the municipality that you are residing in the Netherlands lawfully. 

Moving abroad: emigration

If you will be residing abroad for more than 8 months, you must report this to the municipality. Call 14 013 (or +31 13 5428494 if you're outside the Netherlands) and make an appointment to do this within 5 working days prior to your departure. Please bring your identification. If no one remains at your address, you can also report your emigration by sending us the Notification of move abroad (pdf). Also send us a copy of your identification.

In many countries, you will need a certificate of deregistration. Ask for this certificate when you report your emigration.

Non-EU citizens

If you are not a EU-citizen, you will first have to apply for a residence permit at the IND.

Studying in Tilburg

Foreign students who have been accepted into a study program in Tilburg are eligible for Dutch residency for the duration of their course. You will need to register with the municipality if you will stay in the Netherlands for at least 4 months. Make an appointment to visit Stadswinkel Centrum for your registration.

At the end of your course, you will have to deregister before leaving the Netherlands. Make an appointment for emigration, or use the form 'Notification of move abroad'. Send this to

Gemeente Tilburg
Afdeling Dienstverlening - SK1/kamer 10
Antwoordnummer 300
5000 WB Tilburg

Visit I*ESN for more information on your stay in Tilburg.