logo Gemeente Tilburg Gemeente Tilburg

Settling in the Netherlands

Are you moving to Tilburg from abroad (immigration) or will you spend at least 4 of the next 6 months in the Netherlands? Then you will need to register with the municipality in person within 5 days upon arrival. If your partner and/or children have also arrived from abroad, they will need to join you and get registered as well.

Appointment for registration

EU-citizens can make the appointment online. Please bring along:

You can find more information about a residence permit on the IND website. Your registration will be final once the IND confirms to the municipality that you are residing in the Netherlands lawfully. 

Non-EU citizens

If you are not a EU-citizen, you will first have to apply for a residence permit at the IND.