logo Gemeente Tilburg Gemeente Tilburg

Tilburg Municipality

You can approach the municipality of Tilburg for many things. For example, you are obliged to register with the municipality if you stay in the Netherlands for longer than 4 months. But the municipality also deals with things like marriages, births, driving licences and many other things. You can find more information about living in our municipality below.

Requesting DigiD

You can take care of many things online in the Netherlands. For example, viewing your personal data, or notifying us of a change of address. If you live in the Netherlands, you can request a DigiD, which enables you to do things online. You need to be registered with the municipality to do so. You can request a DigiD with a Citizen Service Number via the website digid.nl.


If you come from abroad and expect to stay in the Netherlands for at least 4 months, you must be registered in the municipality's Personal Records Database (BRP). You have to make an appointment for this in Tilburg municipality's city store. You can do this via the municipality's website or by calling. You can find more information about registering with the municipality of Tilburg on our website

You need to show your original birth certificate when you register. If you are married or divorced, you also need to show original proof of your marriage or previous marriage(s). Once you have received your documents from your country of origin, you must make an appointment with the civil registry desk to present your documents. You can call Tilburg municipality on 14 013 to make an appointment. You can also do it via the website 

Are you staying for less than 4 months, but still want to work in the Netherlands? Then you may do so if you are a national of a European Union country. You need a Citizen Service Number (BSN) to be able to work. If you are staying the Netherlands for less than 4 months, you can get this from the Non-Resident Records Database (RNI). You can find more information about this on the website www.netherlandsworldwide.nl.

Change of address

If you are registered in the Netherlands and you move to another municipality or you move abroad, you must notify the municipality in which you live of your change of address. You must do this four weeks prior to moving, or within 5 days of moving. You can do this in 3 ways:

Moving to another country

If you are registered in the Netherlands and you are moving abroad, you must inform the local authority. You can do this in 3 ways:


For more information if you to get married in the municipality of Tilburg, see our website. Ensure you have your birth certificate and information about your marital status in hand.

Birth registration

When a child is born, you must register the birth in the municipality where the child was born. You have to make an appointment for that. You can find more information about that on our website.


If you are not married and want the father to be on the birth certificate so that he is the legal father of the child, he must acknowledge parentage before the birth. You can find information about acknowledgement on our website.

You can make an appointment with the municipality for the acknowledgement via the website or by calling telephone number 14 013. Ensure we already have information about your marital status. First make an appointment to submit your documents if you have not done this yet.

Foreign driving licence in the Netherlands

You may drive in the Netherlands with a foreign driving licence for a specified period. You can find more information about how long and for which driving licences on the website www.rdw.nl.

You can exchange your foreign driving licence for a Dutch driving licence under certain conditions. You can find more information about this on the RDW website.


Sometimes an authority needs proof you are registered with the municipality, for example, if you want to register with Woning in Zicht, if you want to buy a car, or open a bank account. You can prove this with an excerpt from the municipality. You can order an excerpt on our website or make an appointment by calling 14 013.

You can also use DigiD to log in to the website www.mijnoverheid.nl. You can view all your information free of charge under the Identity and Personal Data heading.


The way in which household waste / garbage / rubbish is collected is different in every country. Here are a few short instructions about the collection of household waste in the municipality of Tilburg:

*"In the right way" means the following:

You can find more detailed information and check on which days household waste is collected in your area on our website.

Lost property

Have you lost or found something in Tilburg, Berkel-Enschot, Udenhout, or Biezenmortel? Visit our website for more information

Do you suspect theft has occurred? Then report it to the police. You can do that via their website.

Contacting the municipality

You can always contact the municipality of Tilburg for queries or advice. You can do this via: